Wednesday, August 9, 2017

30-Day Grief Challenge Day #4

Stillborn Grief Challenge Day #4

My Favorite Photo of You?


Dear Little Man,
I'm so grateful that your Aunt Star was there at the hospital to take pictures of you.  I wanted the organization Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep to come and take pictures, but the 2 blizzards kept the volunteers from being able to come.  Aunt Star was able to get about 100 pictures of you.  I have a lot of favorites but I think this one is one of my top favorites.  You look so peaceful and ADORABLE in this one.  You really look like you are just sleeping and snug as a bug in a rug.  I wish I could have taken more.  More then anything, I wish I had an entire lifetime of taking pictures of you. 






Love Always,   Mommy



Miscarriage Grief Challenge Day #4

The 1st person I told?  Their reaction?


Dear Rain.
Your Daddy and I were together when I got the positive pregnancy test, so we both knew at the same time.  After we celebrated for a bit, Daddy got on the phone with his parents and I got on my phone with your Aunt Star and then your Great-Grandpa Papa S.  Everyone was so excited to learn of your coming!!!  They all told us how much they had been praying for us to have another baby soon.  You truly were an answer to countless prayers by so many people.  It was defiantly the best Mother's Day gift I have ever and will ever have.

Love Always, Mommy



Dear Monkey,
I think Daddy and I found out together again and then we were on the phones calling our families.  Everyone was once again so happy!!!!  Everyone knew how much we wanted to be parents and how long we had been waiting.  They also all knew the unimaginable heart-break we already had.  They were just praying we would finally have a baby in our arms soon.

Love Always,   Mommy


Dear Cub,
I only knew about you for a few minutes before I was told that you were also gone.  Luckily, I was able to get a hold of your Daddy and Aunt Star and let them know about you and that you maybe had a beating heart.  They were SOOOO HAPPY!!!!  They once again prayed that you would survive and we would get you in our arms.  Tragically, I would call them up a few minutes later and tell them although you were still inside me, your heart had stopped also.  Daddy was devastated and I think that was the moment he resigned himself to the fact that we would never have living children.

Love Always,  Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment