Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Capture Your Grief 2016- Day #12 LEMONS+LEMONADE!!!!

Another great topic to talk about today.  Todays challenge is finding the positive amongst the sadness of Loss.  This journey of Loss is not always dark, filled with sorrow and tears.  There are many happy times on this journey as well (it just takes a lot of time and effort to get to those places).  A lot of good comes from loss if the families can open their hearts.

There are many Pregnancy And Infant Loss charities that are around because someone lost a child and they wanted to help other families. Charities like Teenie Tears (which makes cloth diapers keepsakes for late miscarriage losses), Angel Gowns (which turn wedding dresses into burial gowns for lost babies), Holy Stitches (which makes complete layette sets for lost babies), and Molly Bears (which make teddy bears the same weight as the lost baby so families can hold the bears when their arms are empty)

There are many support groups such as BabyCenter Miscarriage Stillborn and Infant Loss (an online Loss forum group with thousands of members with many people joining every day), Stillbirthday (a Loss Support center in Kansas City) and CarlyMarieProjectHeal (a woman who encourages us to celebrate our children every day).

As for my personal life, I have had many opportunities to make 'lemonade'.  Kendall and I have grown closer through our losses.  We have already lost so much, we work hard to make sure we don't lose each other.

I have been a voice for Pregnancy and child loss.  I love to talk about my kids and I find opportunities to share them with others. I also enjoy helping other families dealing with their loss.  I hope my voice will give courage to other families to find their voice about Loss.

I have a deeper appreciation for the little things in life.  I take the time to sit in the sunshine more, listen to the rain more.  Spend time with Kendall and other family more.

I have discovered new hobbies that bring SEW MUCH pleasure into my life.  Since my losses I have spent time quilting, embroidering, appliquing, knitting, sewing, crafting and tatting.  I dab a little in each of these at a time but I have come to enjoy learning how to do them.

I've come to realize my own inner strength and character.  I use to think that I was weak and wouldn't be able to do well with hard things.  With everything that comes from losing children, I have found that I have a very deep endurance.  In the beginning it takes EVERYTHING just to get out of bed.  It takes EVERYTHING to take the next step. It takes EVERYTHING to get through each minute, hour, day, week, month and year.  It takes strength to keep going on.

Those are just a few 'lemonades' I have noticed in my life.  There are many i didn't write about (maybe I will add them later).  It is getting late now (11:45PM) and I must go to bed.  Goodnight everyone!!!

#captureyourgrief #captureyourgrief2016 #captureyourgrief2016day12 #whathealsyou #carlymarieproject

No comments:

Post a Comment