Friday, October 14, 2016

Capture Your Grief 2016- Day #14 BELIEFS & SPIRITUALITY!!!!

Today i get to talk about how Loss has changed my spiritual beliefs.  Some Loss families lose their faith when they lose a child.  They may blame God for allowing such a tragedy to happen.  They think God is punishing them when this happens.

I on the other hand, drew closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.  I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I believe that Heavenly Father gives me trials so I can grow and to become more like Him.  I know Heavenly Father loves me and knows what is best for me eternally.  I still don't fully know why losing all 4 of my children is what is best for me, but I trust Heavenly Father knows exactly why.

When the trials of this life are too much, I rely upon Jesus Christ for strength and comfort.  There is not anything in life that I go through that Christ had not already endured.  I am not alone in my hurt and sorrow.  He is in front, beside and behind me every step I take.  There is a scripture in The Book of Mormon (a book of scripture I know know to be true along with The Holy Bible) that talks about why Christ suffered and died for us.  In Alma 7:11-12 it reads:

11) And He [meaning Christ] shall go forth suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith He will take upon Him the pains and sicknesses of His people.

12)And He will take upon Him death, that He may loose the band's of death; which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

To me this shows that Christ willingly endured every pain, sickness and afflictions I would ever face so that He would know how to comfort me when I run to Him. Having a deep relationship with Christ has been vital to my healing.  I've run to Him innumerable times since our losses and each time I've felt His love and comfort.

Another huge part of my faith that I believe very strongly is that families are together for time and Eternity.  Family relationships do not end at death.  Marriages that happen in sacred buildings called temples are bound to last throughout this life and beyond this time.  Husbands and wives and children are going to be together.  This comforts me because I know that I will be with my children again.  I don't have them in this life, but I know I will see them, love them and raise them in the eternities.

#captureyourgrief #captureyourgrief2016 #captureyourgrief2016day14 #whathealsyou #carlymarieproject

No comments:

Post a Comment