Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Capture Your Grief 2106- Day #4 SUPPORT CIRCLES!!!

 Today I am going to talk about the support I have received from the many people and organizations on my Loss journey. I talked quite a bit about this in yesterdays post, but I'll talk about it some more today because this topic is SUCH an important one to a Loss family.
When parents find out that they lost their baby (no matter how old or how far along), their world comes to a complete stop. Their lives are upside down. They are completely lost and have no idea what to do. All they can think about and focus on is 'our baby is gone'.
That is why a strong support system is so important!!! Loss families NEED others to help them right their world and get it moving again.
I remember when the nurse said the words "I'm sorry but this pregnancy is a loss", I went into immediate shock. I had no idea what to do I was so lost. I couldn't even find my way out of the room, out of the office and into the car. Bear had to guide me because I didn't even remember where we were at, let alone where I was supposed to go.
The first support circle I immediately turned to was family. The instant we got into the car (even before we left the parking lot) after hearing the life changing words, I was on the phone calling both sides of the family to tell them about this tragedy. The support I got from them was priceless.
My entire in-law family lived within 2 hours so they were a huge help. Many of them were able to be at the hospital with Bear and I, despite the white-out blizzard that they had to drive in. Others could not be there in person (because of the blizzard) but I knew they were with us in spirit. I could feel their thoughts, tears and prayers. My Mother In-Law and a Sister-In-Law made Little Man a BEAUTIFUL outfit and blanket to be cremated in (we ended up keeping the outfit and blanket). There have been countless other acts of service and love, my entire In-law family have given to Bear and I throughout our journey, including a BEAUTIFUL memorial service for Little Man and Rain
Although most of my side of the family lived 1,600 miles away, they too were a huge support on my journey. Star (who was 2 hours away) came over for visits as much as possible or I would go visit her. We were always on the phone calling or texting. Other family members would also make almost daily calls. They sent cards, letters, keepsakes and their thoughts and prayers.
Friends also were a big support to me. Most of my friends also lived 1,600 miles away but I would call them or message them on FB and they would help guide me back to the land of the living.
I can't talk enough about the support I received from support groups on the internet. I spent hours each day on one called BabyCenter Miscarriage Stillborn and Infant Loss Support. It is comforting to be in contact with so many other families going through the same things as me. I was able to talk to them about ANYTHING and EVERYTHING and they knew exactly how I felt.
I am still very active on that support board, even though I lost the twins over 1 year ago. I now get to help other families just starting on this journey and be a tiny part in righting their world again.
Thank-you everyone once again for being with me on my journey. I really do appreciate and love having your support!!!! SURE LOVE YA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment